Am I the only one who felt that this week was super long? In any case, Friday finally decided to bless us with its presence, and I couldn’t be happier!
Today is all about compound exercises. I am truly blessed to have a job with access to a gym. During my lunch hour, you will find me in the gym taking a much-needed break from work to reset and release any stress. Since my time is limited, I focus on compound exercises.
Compound exercises involve more than one muscle group. I love them because they are dynamic and challenging. Over the past few weeks, I’ve tried many of them, but these three are my favorite, and you should give them a try!
I recommend that you start with exercising for 20 seconds and resting for 20 seconds for 2 – 3 rounds. If you need more of a challenge, exercise for 30 seconds and rest for 20 seconds for 2 – 3 rounds. Rest for 2 minutes in between rounds.
Cobra Push Ups and Planks
- To do this exercise, first assume a standard push-up position, then walk your feet and your hips into a pike position, you are looking for a upside down v position.
- Keeping your hips elevated, lower your body until your chin reaches the floor.
- Lower your hips until they almost touch the floor and at the same time press up and raise your head and shoulders towards the ceiling. Reverse the movement back to the starting point position and repeat.
Bonus Move: Side Plank Twist (Watch Video)
Plank with Hip Twist
- Start on a standard push-up position and place your elbows directly under your shoulder
- Keep your hands in line with your elbows, and your body completely straight – don’t let your hips sag, or stick them too high in the air.
- Twist your hips to the right and gently touch the ground. Return to the starting position and twist your hips to the left and gently touch the ground and repeat!
- Start by assuming a standard push-up position
- Lift one leg of the floor so that you have three points connecting you to the ground
- Maintaining your leg elevated, finish the push-up and repeat.
We encourage you to stay active and tag us on Instagram, twitter or facebook with your compound exercises! Let us know if there is a particular area of focus you would like to see! Let’s embrace healthy living together!
Latest posts by Yenory Pouncil (see all)
- Learn How to Save Time and Money at the Grocery Store - June 13, 2017
- Good Morning Washington: Meal Prep for a Week Under $50 - June 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Sugar Cravings Once and For all - May 31, 2017